entities

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 10:20:49 PDT

Eric-- I would characterize idiographic and nomothetic approaches as
methods or perhaps methodologies. My thinking on this subject is summarized
in the opening and closing chapters of Cultural Psychology.

For a way of thinking about how one might gain access, indirectly, to
intraindividual processes, see Luria, Nature of Human Conflicts, 1932.
Like emotions and emergence, this set of issues is complicated and will
require patience to explore systematically. Patience in turn, requires
time. We have a series of specia burdens on our local work between now
and ISCRAT that make time very scarce.

So perhaps we are creating a list of topics to pursue, after initial
exploration this next few weeks?
mike