Fodor?

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 04:13:51 PDT

My naivete is showing again. How can I take whatever version of Fodor's
paradox seriously? Nothing new can be learned is something violated
regularly, or that structures/processes must be present at lower levels for
those at higher levels, in light of biological development is hard (for me)
to hold. The latter version feels like disguised reductionism, and if
tricked into it, one could be looking for higher order thinking in elementary
particles. With all the things to think about, with limited time, my gut
says don't spend much time here. But what do i know?

bb