more april 24

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 16:13:28 PDT

Molly--

You would probably like the op ed piece in the LA Times which I retrieved
and read with some care.

1.5 million slaughtered.
That slaughter documented by one Henry Morgenthau, remember him, then
ambassador to Turkey who protested with the same success as has followed
him.

The event OFFICIALLY forgotten in 2000 by our then-president and his Congress.

My copy of Kundera's *Book of Laughter and Forgetting* has gones missing,
but when I find it and am near a computer I'll send along. A sobbering
summary from late 1960's Czechoslovakia where life was no picnic either.
mike