aera/chsig

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 19:54:20 PDT

There is just one point I'd like to share -- it is troubling that two
presentations I attended indicated that activity theory does not account for
time. IMHO, time is implied in the notion of development constituting
activity theory, and certainly implied in the "H" of cHat.

Perhaps CHAT could be re-acronymized as Culture, History, Activity, and Time?

Two. Two points. The second point is that it was a pleasure to meet
xmca/chat/chsig folks f2f for the first/second/3rd/etc. time. What a nice
group!

Three. Really, just three points -- thanks for the 110% vote that will
allow me to rise to my true level of incompetance. Mike is right about the
great venues made possible by King and Eugene -- it will be a tough act to
follow. But it's sure that Pilar, Chrysoula, and Judy of the NEW CHSig exec.
committee will ensure success, regardless of whatever Administrative
Disabilities I enjoy. Pilar is co-chair, much to my relieved spirit.

Anyway, aera allows us to create a CHSIG award, as King pointed out. This
is something we (CHSIG) could use to advantage. Any ideas?

bb

--
...this was not just a matter of chance.  These strange things happen all the
time...