Luria Spacebridge Help

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 08:30:35 PDT

Dear Colleagues,

As you perhaps recall, in late September there will be an international
memorial meeting for AR Luria in Moscow and it appears that lots of
luminaries are showing up.

I have received a request, as "International" co-Oroganizer to find out if
there is any intrest in the US for people to attend a "Spacebridge," an
interactive session of the Luria meeting which could be held someplace
like New York or Boston or LA or....... wherever there is sufficient
density of interest. Costs would be paid for, I am told, by the Soros
foundation.

The question is, is anyone or any organization interested in organizing
an audience and commentators at the US end?

BB- As new president of the ch-sig this might interest you and you might
have critical mass in the Boston area. Or CUNY might have such interest
in New York, etc.

I can also look into the possibility of streaming live from Moscow for
all or part of the meeting, but that is unidirectional and there would
be language problems when Russian speakers are talking (unless I could
arrange for the simultaneous translator feed).

Anyway, I am up to my armpits in organizational work on tbat side and
cannot organize on this side. Anyone interested?
mike