pdf

From: Nate Schmolze (v3y3g3o3t3s3k3y@msn.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 07:17:21 PDT

Keith said,

As Mike points out, just about all of the articles posted on LCHC are in
PDF.

-- Yes but they were scanned at 300 dpi (text) which allows them to be
searched, and googalized as text. Also, it allows them to be accessible to
those with screen reader (blind).

I don't know of any other way to post an image of a published article like
"Emergence in psychology".

-- That is the problem, why would you want to take an image of a published
article. I assumed you scanned it without any OCR software.

As Bill Blanton confirms, the Adobe download is free if all you need to do
is read PDF files.

- True but taking text and making it an image file creates a very large
file.

Most PDF files cannot be saved on your own computer, but they can be printed
on your local printer.

- This is not true, but if Adobe is going in this direction I suggest
OpenDoc which I find is great for creating pdf files.