adobe time

From: Phillip White (Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 09:58:08 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Philip, go to the url below and follow the directions. I think you will
>be
>able to install adobe reader. The drill is normally to download it to
>your
>desktop and from the desktop, install it to the drive it prefers or the
>one
>you want to put it in (if you browse). If you have a problem, I think
>the
>rest of us can help you.

        as Bill and Rosa and others illustrated - i did get on and downloaded
the free reader.

        i was surprised that it took me 30 minutes to download the free reader -
 but now i've got it.

        and printing out Sawyer's text took one minute per page - or maybe only
45 seconds a page - quite a while.

        i couldn't select all, copy and then paste onto a blank word document.

        but, thanks for the bounty of support.

phillip

* * * * * * * *
* *

The English noun "identity" comes, ultimately, from the
Latin adverb "identidem", which means "repeatedly."
The Latin has exactly the same rhythm as the English,
buh-BUM-buh-BUM - a simple iamb, repeated; and
"identidem" is, in fact, nothing more than a
reduplication of the word "idem", "the same":
"idem(et)idem". "Same(and) same". The same,
repeated. It is a word that does exactly what
it means.

                          from "The Elusive Embrace" by Daniel
Mendelsohn.

phillip white