Re: enculturation/instruction

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 10:31:44 PST

In a message dated 2/23/2002 4:56:03 AM Central Standard Time, dkirsh@lsu.edu
writes:

> Eric,
> I'm not sure what interests are driving your querries. It seems like your
> questions are about assessment, but your interest is in accountability.

David,
Aren't assessment and accountability both sides of the same coin? Shouldn't
the same methodology that assesses a student is grasping concepts and
applying those concepts the same methodology that tells the teacher they are
providing effective instruction?

As i understand crossdisciplinarity in your paper to suggest is that
regardless of discipline for constructing curriculum the bottom line is
insuring that instruction matches concepts acquired by the student.

Eric