Re: History

From: Geoff Hayward (geoff.hayward@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 08:55:28 PST

I am not sure Don that everything in the Activity system is community -
would that not reduce the analytical purchase of community. My understanding
is that it is the bottom part of the triangle 'model' (which I take to be a
heuristic device rather than a model per se, and I see it as having a
heuristic function, hence my question to Helena about its analytic function)
which should be taking as representing community with its rules and division
of labour. But I am groping towards an understanding here so what do others
think?