History

From: Cunningham, Donald (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 15:39:35 PST

Could I ask a dumb question that may or may not be relevant to the current
discussion. To what does the HISTORY in CHAT refer? Cultural history? The
history of the individual (development?)? The trajectory of the activity? If
we lay YE's model out, each of the elements seem to have a history
(artifact, community, division of labor, etc.) but a slightly different
sense of history for each. Or am I playing the role of Mr. H. Dumpty
again.............djc