perpetuating resistence

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 08:31:15 PST

Don-- As an earlier note by me indicated, our faculty of communication is
50% female with ranks about equal across genders and reasonable ethnic
diversity. Still it is the case that we have great difficulty in finding
"qualified" applicants for key jobs.

I do believe that privelege seeks to hold on to its own, so in so far
as white males have that privelege there will be a drag on change. But
change is happening, regardless, owing to sea changes in the composition
of those getting PhDs.

glad to hear you have such a fine, diverse situation and prosperity in
Indiana.
mike