creating own history

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 11:30:13 PST

Hi Anna-- I wasn't trying to be pessimistic either. The coats people
wore in 1990 were not noticably heavier than those they wore in 1962
or 1977 or....... but there seemed to me to be a pallable malaise. Perhaps
I am just once again exhibiting my outider's ignorance, perhaps it was
an illusionl

At the same time, in the offices of high officials, CNN news was always
on and people said that was how they were learning what was going on.

This harks back to Helen's invitation to think of the changing context
in addition to internal factors.
mike