Re: Joke, joke, Warning a joke

From: Mary Bryson (brys@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 09:12:14 PST

>> 21. "If that's what you want"
>>

>> Eric

JOKE!
Well, it must be an interesting married life to have a wife called, Eric.
JOKE!

I can hear all the warning bells going off.
Don't get into this Mary. It's a trap. Stay away. Just ignore it. Choose
your battles.
All the million reasons why I shouldn't comment on the "joke".
But I have to anyway, cuz it bugs the ever-living &^%$# who-is-at out of me.

Yeah yeah, humour is an important part of our culture yada yada yada (a la
Diane) but for GAWD'S sake man, if we are going to have jokes that are about
women, let's hear them from women. And better yet, let's have no jokes at
all on an academic list.

Mary

On 1/23/02 9:05 PM, "Paul H.Dillon" <illonph@pacbell.net> wrote:

> WOW!

School is an institution built on the axiom that learning is the result of
teaching. And institutional wisdom continues to accept this axiom, despite
overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Ivan Illich.

Mary Bryson, Associate Professor, ECPS, Faculty of Education, University of
British Columbia

Research Site: http://www.shecan.com and http://www.e-capacity.ca
Digital Studio Site: http://www.digital-studio.org