RE: What to do? Antilogic

From: Cunningham, Donald (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 06:41:31 PST

Elizabeth, help me out here. How would I disagree with some of what you
have proposed in an antilogic mode? Would I, instead of disagreeing, state
my view? Then each of us individually would decide to keep or revise our
views or decide to work toward a merged model together? That seems to me to
have characterized the dialogue on XMCA for the most part. True, there are
some who write as if they are speaking from the mountain top to the ignorant
masses below, but I think they are the exception.

By the way, I think that antilogic is a very unfortunate choice of terms
(those wacky Sophists!). As you have described antilogic, it is very much in
the spirit of what Gary Shank once described as abductive multiloging.
Abduction is certainly a logical process as is antilogic,as I understand it.
Its just not deductive logic or inductive logic. IMHO, that