Re: out of sequence

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 06:13:28 PST

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Diane-- I read your note out of sequence. I cannot reply properly now,
>but to say that there is more than one kind of ethnography and that I
>completely fail to understand the distinction between fiction and "true
>data."
>mike

well the idea is that there is NO clear distinction. it rather raises the
level of what we have typically
cataloged as "fiction" as being, potentially, an alternate source of what
is typically guarded as "true data."

diane

"Things do not change: people change."

Henry David Thoreau

diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
vancouver, bc
mailing address: 46 broadview avenue, pointe claire, qc, H9R 3Z2