Re: Re(2): The subject/s of ethnography

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 19:19:17 PST

In a message dated 1/23/2002 10:56:29 AM Central Standard Time,
dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu writes:

> how does "searching" Others provide a different perspective from
> "researching" activity?

In my humble opinion I offer the following:
Searching others is equal to observation and the intuitive nature of
reflecting upon all aspects of the given environment including how you as the
observer have influence upon the milieu. Researching would involve a
separation from the environment by either time or level. From this your
narrative would be a search and my reading of your narrative would be
research.

What do you think?
Eric