Re: supporting ourselves

From: Phillip White (Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 19:58:51 PST

Mike scrobe:

>Eva, Nate, Bill,....
>
>For at least until summer I will have some extra competent help here with
>things
>like the XMCA web page. I have had to count on the good will of Nate and
>you guys
>to be able to patch things together with facilities here.

        well, really, not _just_ you, but certainly all of us - (;-) - for
which i greatly appreciate.

>I do not know how to be helpful with the pics, but if there is a way,
>lets do it.
>If one of you-all would like to take over XMCA and can run it better than
>my
>slap dash system, please, go for it.

        the pics were/are a wonderfully whimsical addition to xmca - as well as
an unexpected way, for me, of visualizing a community -

>Or, write with suggestions for how we should change things for the better.

        that's always a raggle-taggle pathway, now, isn't it?

phillip

* * * * * * * *
* *

The English noun "identity" comes, ultimately, from the
Latin adverb "identidem", which means "repeatedly."
The Latin has exactly the same rhythm as the English,
buh-BUM-buh-BUM - a simple iamb, repeated; and
"identidem" is, in fact, nothing more than a
reduplication of the word "idem", "the same":
"idem(et)idem". "Same(and) same". The same,
repeated. It is a word that does exactly what
it means.

                          from "The Elusive Embrace" by Daniel
Mendelsohn.

phillip white