school plus, the link

From: Jay Lemke (jllbc@cunyvm.cuny.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 18:57:57 PST

For anyone who wants to read the whole "not by schooling alone" statement,
go to the webpage below and click on the item for the Mexico City conference:

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/education/jlemke/educatio.htm

This is meant to be a preliminary statement to stimulate discussion around
two of the three conference theme questions; I mainly respond to the first
question, relevant to the School thread here, and a bit on the second one.
(As I understand it this is an invitational conference, so I am not
including a link to information on the conference as such.)

I hope to add some more of my less conventional views on education to this
site as I make time to do it.

JAY.

JAY L. LEMKE
PROFESSOR OF EDUCATION