perhaps for discussion?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 09:23:07 PST

Don-- How about making gergen et al paper on cross-cultural psychology
a topic of discussion for xmca? It offers a number of interesting points
of view that would update inter-relations between discursive/post-modern
psychologies and CHAT.

As I see it, there are a number of important areas of overlapping concern
that we might pursue. We have discussed Dewey and Vygotsky a fair amount,
the the Pierce discussion never seems to take off, perhaps because Pierce
is found difficult, perhaps because we do not have a good text to act
as a tool of collective reflection.

A third direction where I am trying to figure out expansions/connections
is in the phylogeny/cultural history domain which brings in evolutionary
psychology, but again, identifying a good text to ground discussion is
not easy.

And, of course, we really ought to pick a recent article from XMCA for
discussion. Does anyone have suggestions of an article there they would
like to see discussed here?
mike