Re: eclectism: so the claim i'm making

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 18:25:33 PST

In a message dated 10/31/2001 11:59:30 AM Central Standard Time,
wbarowy@yahoo.com writes:

Unfortunately bill, I waited to comment about eclecticism because of this
oxymoron, sorry.

I think of eclecticism as an unoriented (i.e. relativistic method) type of
bubbleheaded practice. That said I also know how this approach does
facilitate a progression through the regular high school curriculum for the
ordinary e/bd student (a.k.a. often the black unaculturated male). I speak
from experience on this subject of the education of emotionally and
behaviorally disturbed students.

I agree with the social constucts of Vygotsky's thoery but unfortunately the
methodological texts were never fleshed out by Vygotsky himself. This leaves
the field of special education uninitiated in his masterful studies. I
digress and reiterate that the crisis is still present and happening at my
particular work.

eric