Re: Where is Denis Newman?

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 05:18:11 PDT

--- Diane Hodges of UBC, with Montreal and Denver mailing addresses, wrote :-O

 "HUZZAH!" - :)

 and then

> 'activity' and the embedded history of behaviour with 'inferences about
> the mind' - and that whole thang..
> ...well, plus all that political and ideological stuff.

I've taken an interest in Bonnie Nardie's 1996 book -- in it Kaptelinin
addresses activity and the internal plane of actions, and describes the russian
interest with the individual, but I feel gives rather short shrift to the
accomplishments of the "Finnish" tradition, referring to it as an "attempt" for
supraindividual considerations. Some comments relate to the eclecticism
discussion as well. Zinchenko also provides interesting descriptions of AT
development, with international considerations.

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]