Re(2): pushing metaphors of half bakedness

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 05:04:45 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

>bill I heard on our national public radio CBC about a strain of
>sourdough that comes from whitehorse and is about 100 years old. makes
>fine bread.
>
>kathryn
This weekend I am taking some time out in Belgium. I am particularly fond
of their lembic beers. The fermentation process uses yeast which is in
walls and atmosphere of the brewhouse rather than yeast brought in for the
process. The fermentation is unique and distinct to the location where it
happens and is all the more interesting because it has emerged from that
location in that time. As Phil says, IBM knowledge is inevitably IBM
knowledge.
Martin Owen