Re: aT and history

From: Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 06:31:42 PDT

I'm not quite clear what the problems are that people see with incorporating
a historical element into CHAT. I see it as far less problematic than
macro-meso-micro (on that, I'll get round to some comments on your 'Adding
more' mail soon, I hope, Mike). A historical element is necessarily present
in human goals, mediational means and broader forms of consciousness. I
always thought that this recognition was one of CHAT's strong points.

Is the problem having a method for picking apart the different layers of
historical elements or an overall framework that incorporates a historical
element? Or just the absence of CHAT studies in which the historical
dimension is explicit?

Bruce