Re(2): tensions of democratic math

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 01:32:46 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>I replied to Martin's post with a repsonse that suggested people who have
>never applied their learning should not become teachers
This is not what I believe Eric. I find it hard in my epistemology to
classify pure/applied knowledge... and otherwise I would never be able to
teach the geography. I have never been a cartographer nor a town planner.

Martin Owen
Labordy Dysgu- Learning Lab
Prifysgol Cymru Bangor- University of Wales, Bangor

"How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?"