Re: psychological theory

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 20:03:10 PDT

Mike,

I would think that a General Psychological theory would embrace sociology,
linguistics, economics, politics and any other discipline that chooses the
human species and all of their functions. Vygotsky definitely speaks to this
in addressing Marxist philosophy (an ideology he embraced for its power of
explaing human functioning not just because it happened to be popular during
his day). If we are uncomfortable calling this general discipline psychology
let us call it somethging else but I would certainly vote towards it being an
all encompasing science; one whose method is both effective for explaining
communication as well as economics.

Eric