Re: Ready to discuss Vygotsky's "Crisis in Psychology"

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 12:23:55 PDT

Hi László ,

I think you are being an excellent coordinator for the discussion of your own
paper. I have a short time to respond -- and little time over the next few
days. But I'll do what I can. There is a paper online that provides a fairly
good overview of 'design science'. One of the features of this approach is to
identify critical factors, and independent and dependent variables in order to
create design principles and theory for educational innovations. A statement
that stands out for me is:

"Similarly, a design science of education must determine how different designs
of learning environments contribute to learning, cooperation, and motivation. "

-- Collins

While this seems similar in some ways to the goals of a few chat investigators,
the CH is left out, and an ecological understanding, i.e. a framework that
addresses interdependence, reciprocality, the development of and around the
investigator(s), and so on, is missing.

It is at the following URL:

Toward a Design Science of Education
Prepared by: