yeah, yeah, yeah: VOTE-VOTE-VOTE

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 10:27:31 PDT

I think I already cast a vote when the poll was conducted in June. Some of the
options may have changed since then, or apparently I have forgotten about some.

In either case, all are interesting, especially those that include food.

In terms of inviting new folks, a recent paper by Judith Warren Little, who has
been a powerful voice in the study of teachers' work, and who is an
accomplished speaker, references Chaiklen and Lave, and Engestrom and Middleton
among others. While addressing overall the ?mesogenetic? problem of developing
a community of practice, she engages in a significant ethnographic
micro-analysis, with Mehan's idea that "Inferences about social structure are
permissible only when the workings of the structure can be located in people’s
interaction." Complete with transcript the paper is a rather brief 63 pages,
and follows her last years aera talk.

bb

--- Eugene Matusov <ematusov@udel.edu> wrote:
> Hi everybody--
>
> It is time for us to decide what will be Business meeting event for our
> Cultural Historical SIG in New Orleans.
>
> You can find the choices and the voting booth at
> http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/Business%20event,%20vote.asp
>
> The deadline for the vote is October 3rd.
>
> Please vote to help us make exciting and successful business meeting
> that attracts new members and gives us food for thought.
>
> Let me know if you have questions.
>
> Have a nice weekend,
>
> Eugene Matusov
> (Program Officer)
>
> ---------------
> Eugene Matusov, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of Education
> School of Education
> University of Delaware
> Newark, DE 19716
>
> Office: Willard Hall 206D
> email: ematusov@udel.edu
> website: http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu
> publications: http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/vita/publications.htm
> office phone: 1-(302)-831-1266
> fax: 1-(302)-831-4110

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]