a job

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 14:36:07 PDT

>From: "David E. Kanter" <dkanter@northwestern.edu>
Subject: POSITION: designer of professional development workshop for
 biology teachers
I have a position to fill, and I thought I'd ask your help. This position=
 is part of an NIH-funded Science Education Partnership Award I received,=
 which is a collaboration with the Chicago Public School system and the=
 Museum of Science and Industry (http://www.letus.org/sepa). The position=
 in question would require designing an appropriate professional development=
 experience for those teachers who will teach our technology-enhanced,=
 project-based curriculum. This position could also include (but need not=
 necessarily include, depending on the skills of the individual) the design=
 and development of several teaching lab experiences roughly in the area of=
 biology and physiology with some emphasis on the cardiovascular system. If=
 you think this opportunity might be of interest to someone you know, please=
 don't hesitate to have them contact me for more information (clearly I have=
 yet to write the formal job description). I expect to advertise this=
 position at the post-doctoral level, but I'd be happy to talk to interested=
 individuals with relevant skills at any level. In fact, if you know=
 someone who might *only* be interested in designing the learning=
 laboratories but not at all in the professional development experience, I'd=
 love to hear from those folks too. I'm already expecting that I might have=
 to hire two individuals to fill the needs of this position. Thank you for=
 your help with this.

yours,
david.