Re: RE: a contrast [another point of view]

From: Phillip White (Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 07:22:06 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes: Charles Nelson scrobe:

>If the UN report concerning US war crimes in Iraq
>(http://www.deoxy.org/wc) led by Ramsey Clark, former US Attorney
>General, is anywhere near correct, it's no wonder that terrorism is
>rearing its head. Does anyone know about the accuracy of this report?

        Charles - a quick reading of this web-site reminds me of the posse
commitus as well as much of what Timothy McVeigh was writing/saying, as
well as the man dubbed the "unibomber" - can't remember his name just
now -

        i point this out _not_ as a criticism, but as an observation of how
perhaps the head of the reactionary is eating the tail of the radical /
the head of the radical is eating the tail of the reactionary.

        or perhaps i'm all confused.

phillip

* * * * * * * *
* *

The English noun "identity" comes, ultimately, from the
Latin adverb "identidem", which means "repeatedly."
The Latin has exactly the same rhythm as the English,
buh-BUM-buh-BUM - a simple iamb, repeated; and
"identidem" is, in fact, nothing more than a
reduplication of the word "idem", "the same":
"idem(et)idem". "Same(and) same". The same,
repeated. It is a word that does exactly what
it means.

                          from "The Elusive Embrace" by Daniel
Mendelsohn.

phillip white