Re: perspectives: (was tragedy in New York)

From: Matvey Sokolovsky (sokolovs@uconnvm.uconn.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 09:37:22 PDT

Diane:

I am thankful for your reply because it exactly illustrates the point. What
Journal do you recommend? It has documents, not propaganda, right? It may
also supply us with definitions (but the way, about your definitions -- Tim
was legally trained in the US army, unless you consider this organization
illegal, and purchased fertilizers legally also. So he is not a terrorist,
and simply a famous Oklahoma killer. And Miloshevich is very legal. There
is no terrorist taste of bombing of pharmaceutical companies because it is
done by the US army). Canadian document you liked more than others. You
learned that Russian arms end up in terrorists' hands, but US made arms, #1
arms exporter, are magically secure. You may believe that the four
unfortunate planes were sold to the US by Russian Mafia but I thought that
Boeing is an American company.

What you are talking about is exactly the problem. All these journals,
documents, reports, legality, valuing of knowledge, etc. are artifacts of
our sub-sub-sub culture. They make us feel good and smart. In other
cultures there may be no documents, no respect for human life. They may
naively believe that this world is not filled with friends but with
enemies, and who is on top - wins. They may stupidly think that power
decide everything. There may be also cultures that believe that universal
health care is more important than nuclear weapons, even if they were
legitimately voted for. I know you may think that such cultures do not
exist unless you find their descriptions in a good, propaganda-free journal
(provided validity and reliability of that particular research is ok).

Diane, it is your right to escape back into the world of dreams, journals
and Canadian reports on Russian Mafia. And we all can discuss with passion
how non-violence works. How poverty of Bin Laden made him a desperate
terrorist. How marginalisation and oppression of the US lead to Hiroshima
and Nagasaki. How to parent well and improve schools (to grow up perfect
McDonalds consumers, -- sorry, a real world remark).

What journal is about real world, Diane? It may say that the best way to
fight terrorism is, like with drugs, to make it legitimate. There is no
Australia left to exile criminals, so may be the only way to survive is to
ban cultures? Make Afghanistan the 51 state and make everyone believe in
Bush's advisors, "intelligence, security, military, and other agencies, as
well as NATO."

What do you think is real?

Matvey Sokolovsky
NetZero Platinum
Only $9.95 per month!
Sign up in September to win one of 30 Hawaiian Vacations for 2!