Re: crises in natural science

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 13:02:16 PDT

In a message dated 9/2/2001 1:56:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

> One thing seems pretty certain. Vygotsky is unsympathetic to the "two
> psychologies" argument which he says lies at the heart of the crisis. My
> problem is figuring out how he resolves it and whether I buy the resolution.

Mike,

Once again it is my contention that Vygotsky resolves this crisis in his work
Thought and Language. The resolution he offers in the 1927 paper is nothing
other then a call to other psychologists to stop their bickering about
theoretical constructs and start discussing how these constructs would
benefit their practice. One connot understand LSV's resolution of the crisis
until one reads Thought and Language.

Something to think about,
Eric