Re: theory/practice

From: Ruth A. Wiebe Berry (raberry@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 06:05:20 PDT

At 9:51 PM -0400 8/27/01, MnFamilyMan@aol.com wrote:
>I by no way advocate the
>current WISC or Stanford-Binet tests as the best examples of how to measure
>people's intelligence in an unbiased manner, but once again both of these
>instruments do provide scientific measures of our intellectual abilities.

Eric:

These tests measure what they measure. Whether they indeed "provide
scientific measures of our intellectual abilities" is contestable.
For one thing, the domain specificity of intelligence confounds
attempts to establish one-size-fits-all measures of intelligence.
This is not my area, but if you would like to be brought up to speed
on this topic, perhaps other list members might suggest salient
resources.

R. Berry