Puebla site

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 15:13:17 PDT

Hi Rosa-- I think we have the best bet of getting kids involved in interaction
if we have some compelling project that could be pursued locally and then
shared. At our local boys and girls club we have been experimenting with
Active Worlds, inspired by our Scandanavian colleagues. This is a web-based
authoring environment that allows kids to build their own worlds, but it also
allows people to learn from each other, leave notes, share code, etc. Only
a few of our oldest kids are involved, but it might work elsewhere.

Honorine is in Scandanavia right now working with those folks. She will be
home Sept 15. We start our sites m,tu,we,thurs starting around Sept 24th.
mike