Re: Eating in restaurants

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:13:20 PDT

In a message dated 8/22/2001 8:57:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
cunningh@indiana.edu writes:

> WHY do waiters and waitresses carry our
> orders to a cook, bring us our food, take our money, clean up after us. It
> provides work and an income, of course, and allows customers the experience
> of being "waited on", but as a means of consuming food, whether alone or
> with others, its a damn silly way to do it.

Donald,

All I ask is that for a moment you consider that you are the Master Chef for
a village and people are bent on receiving food from your fire. In exchange
for your service of the 'fine' food you get an acceptable reward. You can
save time by having a friend do the shuttling of excellently prepared food.
Now, the question becomes do freinds of the Chef begin to bicker about who
gets to do the shuttling and if this is the case would the Chef feel
compelled to provide the shuttler of anything other then the opportunity of
providing an enjoyable experience on top of excellent food. When I am
entertained I feel the emotion of appreciation. What follows from this?

ERic