Re: theory/practice

From: Nate (vygotsky@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 14:32:41 PDT

Article may not be the best way to see it - it is a hefty manuscript that could have been a book. If we see it as a book it has 14 chapters and 1-4 and 12 and 13 are already transcribed and on-line. I scanned 5 today, and could do more if there's interest.

As far as legality we could just make a single on-line photo copy available - that's consistent with fair use - right.

I also question if this is a direction folks want to pursue, if we need to read the whole piece. I think what Andy originally transcribed could be good enough.

Nate

At 10:41 AM 8/21/01, you wrote:

>I am always interested in the productive relations between theory and
>practice, Eric. What more were you interested in saying?
>
>If we are going to discuss Vygotsky's article, we ought to get it collectively
>in front of this. I do not know how to do this legally.
>mike

         /\/\/\/\ Home of Nateweb
        / / http://members.home.net/schmolze1
       (. (. )
        ( ]
       / ____ / Psychology and Marxism
        \ | http://marxists.org/subject/psychology/index.htm
        /-----\
      / / / \
    / \/ \/ \ I will not skateboard in the halls
   / / / \ \ I will not instigate revolution
  ((() / _______(/\))) Garlic gum is not funny
       / \ I will not sell school property
       | /\ \ I will not belch the National Anthem
       ----| |---- I will not grease the monkey bars
       |__ | \__ \ Coffee is not for kids
      {____| {___} I will not celebrate meaningless milestones
     ================/ I will remember to take my medication