Re: Re(2): Zipf Zapf Zoom's educational policy

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 20:03:20 PDT

In a message dated 8/5/2001 11:56:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu writes:

> still, it doesn't fit with anything i've read about
> adult development as informed by activity theory. have you read Valsineer?

Valsiner writes about context. Phillip, I ask you, what is more contextual
then how a person's personality fits their chosen lifestyle? Phillip, you
deny you have a chosen lifestyle that follows a generally linear pattern.
For example, is there not a choesn time when you exit your house in the
morning? I assure you Phillip when you start considering the context of how
you function within your chosen lifestyle there is a definite linear pattern.
 The reason Activity Theory does not address this phenomenon is that no one
who actively researches Activity Theory is interested in pursuing linear
equations. Everyone is soooooooooooooooooooo enamored with loops and levels.

More to think about,
Eric