Re:Machinistic Behavior(2)

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 11:17:48 PDT

At 11.40 -0400 01-08-03, MnFamilyMan@aol.com scrobe:
>i was merely making an observation of how the context of conflict can result
>in machinistic behavior from individuals imersed within an activity system

That was one of the things I didn't understand in your first posting, Eric
- what you mean, in more concretely specific terms when you attribute
mechanistic behavior to people who contribute to this list, or don't
contribute, as the case may be. You ARE saying that this kind of behavior
does arise particularly in relation to your contributions, aren't you?

But I may have misunderstood your posting completely - and in that case I
will just thank you for the occasion to get around to doing the stats,
hadn't done them in quite a while and it's always interesting.

As for how many "never" post, Kathie, it's a bit difficult to define
"never" in this context ;-) (before we are in the afterworld) But there
are, I think, some 300-350-400 subscribers. Last time we had a subscriber
list posted (by Peggy B?) it seems not to have been perfectly up to date,
people were responding and saying they weren't listed even though they get
the mail, etc. And I don't think anybody knows much about transient
visitors. Anyway, the quantitative pattern is not at all unique to the
xmca, on the contrary it's quite general: most people don't seem to have
enough of an urge to float something into e-space very often.

cheers
Eva