RE: good books?

From: Kathryn Alexander (Kathryn_Alexander@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 09:51:42 PDT

> Hi Eric. The article was by Michael Glassman and is available
>on-line http://www.aera.net/pubs/er/toc/er3004.htm djc

don't you folks find it quite embarrassing that Glassman is suggesting
that a summer holiday stint by Dewey influenced Vygotsky's life long
investigations, and that this is a plausible theory?

Does Vygotsky, a generous and dedicated diarist who gives tremendous
credit to all and any who entered his sphere, mention this all so
important influence?

just wondering? Not a vygotsky scholar, but hearing from some former
Moscow students who studied his life works.

call me mystified?

Kathryn

"We live with strangers. those we love most, with whom we share a shelter,
a table, a bed, remain mysterious. Wherever lives overlap and flow
together, there are depths of unknowing." Mary Catherine Bateson, 2000,
from Full Circles, Overlapping Lives.

Kathryn Alexander,
Faculty of Education,
Simon Fraser University,
Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6 Canada

Messages for SFU: (604) 291 - 3395 /SFU FAX (604) 291 - 3203

Personal: email: kalexand@sfu.ca