RE: good books?

From: Cunningham, Donald (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 19:22:54 PDT

Ah yes, well I've been re-reading a few books myself (not counting The
Hobbit & Lord of the Rings):

Anthony Giddens Central problems in social theory (1979) and The
consequences of modernity (1990).
His ideas of "manufactured uncertainty" and "social reflexivity" seem very
relevant to some ideas I am working on.

And thanks to an assignment you gave me, I have discovered a real gem in
Dewey and Bentley's Knowing and the Known (1949).

Any others?

djc