Re: Riddles

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 07:50:25 PDT

mike,

The anthropologist, Billie Jean Isbell, conducted a long term study of
cognitive development in the Andes in the 70s from a piagetian perspective
in which she related riddles to different developmental stages up through
adolescence. One of the articles I remember was "Ontogenesis of Metaphor".

Fascinating stuff.

Paul H. Dillon