levels

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 06:31:06 PDT

Ana, Bill et al--

I am really happy to talk about levles, but I do want to start
from scratch. I DO want to start from Thibault unless there is some
other text that takes up the issue . Its complicated and there
are varoius ways to go at it, but not bare handed when we have
so many textual tools, please.

Question. Could we have ongotgeny with out phylogeny or vice versa for
humans (for whom i would add cultural history?) The issue is somewhat
different in PDP models. If development is a top-down AND bottom up
processes, how could it occur without...... say, 3 levels? Gone for the
day.
mike