unpacking

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 17:12:20 PDT

Bill-- It would be best to do such unpacking in terms of the Thibault arible
(oops, article) which lays out how he is using levels.

One way in which I distinguished levels in my note was in terms of time
scale: phylogeny, cultural-history, ontogeny. That seemed most relevenat to
me in terms of the Thibault article because in most CHAT discourse, it is
as if we were not biological kin of other primates and their ancestors, which
strikes me as not only in principal a mistake, but a barrier to developing
our ideas about mind, culture, and activity.
mike