Re: re: refusal and resistance

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 08:35:44 PDT

Are you resisting asking questions? Was I being too serious, having been drawn
in by a provocative query? Will it be OK if I participate peripherally while I
 am on travel for the next 5 days? What is a semiotic twist and by what
process did it just change our communications genre? Is this too serious
again? Is it really a dance?

--- Judith Diamondstone <diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> An interesting posting from David Kirshner at the link below. the
> interesting point w/ respect to socialization: Galperin's 3-part model of
> appropriation presupposes both mismatch and the inexplicitness of it -- as
> I read it, anyway. Prolepsis is the source of socializing agency (? not
> well said but in a hurry)
>

> At 06:21 AM 6/27/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >Are you saying that, even though phil and dianes claim agreement, "taken as
> >shared" is problematic, or are you posing particular "ideal-internal"(1)
> >processes for unpacking what is not appropration?
> >
> >:-0
> >
> >(1) http://lchc.ucsd.edu/MCA/Mail/xmcamail.1998_07.dir/0037.html

> >> Why can't you just take my perspective? ;-)

> >Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
> >http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]