Re: SIG theme and exclusion: Not whether but how and who

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 13:26:02 PDT

Thanks for the explanation, Eugene. I was pretty sure there was a reason
for your procedures that made sense, and it sure fit the theme of the xmca
discussion.

I proposed globalization of chat as a theme because I thought it was
important. But I voted for another theme which struck my fancy when I
saw the alternatives.

the main point, I think, is about participation in which exclusion of some
sort, as you point out, is always present.

Anyway, lots of good themes to choose from, including no theme and let the
chips fall wherever.
mike