re-sending

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 08:47:29 PDT

I tried sending a note to xmca from a jury-rigged account and it
bounced, so I am re-trying.

I went to the CHAT-sig AERA polling booth and found several interestng
themes proposed. Also noted that relatively few people had voted. I
wrote my note in the context of voicing and exiting and resistence,
since here was a fine chance for people to shape the next general
occasion for face to face discussion but few were voting on what to talk
about and there is even an explicit choice for resisting!

In light of the turn toward discussion of learning and development today,
the fact that a discussion of learning is the lead candidate struck me
as relevant I am reminded to support Eugene's efforts to give people
a voice and agency. Go to the sig site and vote! Or you may be elected
sig president in your absence and then think of all the work you will have
to do!
:-)
mike