VOTE!VOTE!VOTE!VOTE!: CH-SIG Theme 2002

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@UDel.Edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:40:03 PDT

Dear folks--

Thanks those of you who already voted, a lot!!!!

If you did not vote yet, here are a few reasons of why you should:

1) It is important to define the SIG theme because the SIG theme can promote
certain AERA presentations that you may want to attend or submit;

2) If you do not vote, the decision will be made for you;

3) If you do not participate in SIG decision making, eventually you will
serve SIG bureaucrats rather than SIG bureaucrats serve to you (as we are
trying to do now);

4) Research shows that it takes on average 2.3 minutes to read the theme
options and vote;

5) You do not need to be a SIG member to vote (but you are always encouraged
to become one...);

6) You do not like the idea of voting. OK. Share with us a better idea,
please. It would be great if the Cultural Historical SIG does more
experimenting with telecommunication democracy. Meanwhile the choices are
only two: a) To let SIG bureaucrats (like myself) to make a decision about
the year theme for the 2002 meeting or b) to vote on the choices proposed by
our community members.

6) Aren't you interested to see how other people already voted?

OK... you are convinced to vote.. but how? Here is how:

Please visit our SIG web to make the last minute proposal at
http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/
(please click the "Vote Year Theme" button on the left navigation bar) or go
there directly to the voting page at
http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/Theme%20for%20sig%20meeting,%20prop.asp

Currently we have five options proposals that you can vote on:
1) What Counts as Learning? Exploring the Contributions of Sociocultural
and Sociohistorical Perspectives by Judith Green
2) Globalization of Cultural-Historical Theorizing by Mike Cole
3) Boundaries of Cultural Historical Theory & Research by Pedro R. Portes
4) Role of Play in Mediating Culture by Ana Marjanovic-Shane
5) No theme this year

You can select one of them. You can see the voting results on the web as
well by using the navigation bar.

The voting will end on the coming Sunday, June 24th.

Thanks for your help. Happy voting,

Eugene

----------------
Eugene Matusov, Ph.D.