Reviewing for AERA Division C, Section 1: Language and Learning

From: Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky@home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 02:08:24 PDT

Greetings fellow researcher,
Peter Smagorinsky and I are contacting you to ask that you consider serving
as a reviewer this August for the upcoming AERA 2002 program, Division C,
Section 1. Division C is of course concerned with Learning and Instruction,
and Section 1 is concerned with Language and Learning. Historically, this
section has been one of the most significant at the annual meeting.
We are contacting you because your experience in research and scholarship
on language and learning in educational settings would make you an
excellent reviewer of program submissions, and will help us to carry on the
high quality of Section presentations at the annual meeting.
To serve as a reviewer, you need to register with the AERA electronic
submission and review system, which is available at:
http://www.tigersystem.net/aera2002
Five things to note about registering:
1. This year all program submissions and reviews are being handled
electronically (No more index cards! Hurray!), so to participate you must
register.
2. The registration system seems to be functioning somewhat better using
Microsoft Explorer than Netscape, but both are working.
3. You can also register as a potential session chair and/or discussant at
the same time, and we encourage those who are interested to do so.
4. Specifying your interests and expertise via the descriptors facility is
important because it helps us to assign you submissions that are likely to
be of most interest to you.
5. We know that some of you registered last year in these capacities;
however, you must register again this year in order be a reviewer, chair,
or discussant for the 2002 program.
This request is being sent via listserve, so we apologize in advance for
the receipt of multiple copies.
In closing, we encourage you to participate in this important service to
the profession and your fellow researchers. More information about the
upcoming 2002 meeting is available at:
http://www.area.net/meeting
In advance, thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact Bob Bracewell at the email address below. We
hope to see you as a participant.
Bob Bracewell <robert.bracewell@mcgill.ca>
Peter Smagorinsky <psmagorinsky@home.com>

Robert Bracewell
Associate Professor
McGill University
3700 McTavish Street
Montreal, Canada H3A 1Y2
***new email: Robert Bracewell <robert.bracewell@mcgill.ca>
voice: 514-398-3443 ***new tel. number***
fax: 514-398-6968