Re: RE: Marx in Heaven

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 12:23:44 PDT

A non-beliver myself... however I offer the following rejoinder:

An evagelistic atheist wonders through the forest to be confronted by a
clearly hungry bear.

The aetheist, in fear of his life calls our "God, save me!".

The sky opens and a shaft of light shines down on the aetheist and a oice
is heard to say

"You, who hath berated me all your life, now you are in danger you call
for My help?"

The aetheist thinks quickly "God, you are right, it would be an act of
utmost hypocrisy, I must remain tru to my beliefs... but you could make
the bear a christian?"

The voice was heared to grumble..."oK, so be it"

The shaft of light disappeared and the gloom of the forest returned.

At this the bear dropped to his knees and put his hands together to pray...

"For what I am about to receive may the Lord make me truly thankful,
Amen".

Martin