Re: Marx in Heaven

From: Kathryn Alexander (Kathryn_Alexander@sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 09:05:20 PDT

thanks paul for starting my day off right!! or is that ( left?!")

kathryn

> Hi all. I thought some on xmca might appreciate this joke about a
>figure who appears in our discussions from time to time -- forwarded
>>from PSN. . . .
>Marx dies and, of course, he is sent to hell. Upon arrival the devil places
>him next to his hottest, biggest inferno. After three days Marx has
>organized labor unions and mass uprisings are taking place all over hell.
>Finally the devil gets fed up and decides to give God a call to help him
>out.
>
>"God," says the devil. "You gotta take this guy off my hands, he's causing
>havoc down here. Please..." God agrees to take Marx up in heaven, and the
>change is made. After a few days, the devil hasn't heard anything and he
>gives another call up to heaven to find out what's going on. St. Peter
>picks up.
>
>"St. Peter," says the devil with urgency. "Put God on the phone, I wanna
>find out what's going on with the guy I sent up last week."
>
>"There is no God," St. Peter says.
>

> Paul H. Dillon
> "It seems ridiculous to me to attempt to study society as a mere
>observer. He who wishes only to observe will observe nothing, for as he
>is useless in actual work and a nuisance in recreations, he is admitted
>to neither. We observe the actions of others only to the extent to which
>we ourselves act." - Jean Jacque Rousseau

"We live with strangers. those we love most, with whom we share a shelter,
a table, a bed, remain mysterious. Wherever lives overlap and flow
together, there are depths of unknowing." Mary Catherine Bateson, 2000,
from Full Circles, Overlapping Lives.

Kathryn Alexander,
Faculty of Education,
Simon Fraser University,
Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6 Canada

Messages for SFU: (604) 291 - 3395 /SFU FAX (604) 291 - 3203

Personal: email: kalexand@sfu.ca