RE: Re(2): any more on chapter 5? q's for phillip

From: Judith Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 18:49:03 PDT

Phillip, Thanks for all the info about your work, which to some extent is
standing in for LBE-in-practice. I'm sure it is also its own 'thing',
though, so I wonder if you could help me to understand where the overlap;
where divergence. These are some questions that came to mind; answer
whatever -- I hope you can answer, at least sort of, in one screen-worth of
text.

To what extent do you follow the methods of LBE?
If you don't 'arrive at' the Big Contradiction directly, do you get to One
or several contradictions or what?
Do you perform the sorts of analyses YE outlined in ch. 5?
Are the emergent methods of 'action research' part of what you do?
Is the springboard metaphor an adequate/inadequate descriptor for a
distinct phase of your work?
What counts as success for you? How often (if ever) do your clients / you
arrive at LBE?

t 09:57 AM 6/11/01 +1200, you wrote